KDB Healthcare is committed to the protection of the Environment by using renewable resources wherever possible. We strive to build relationships with suppliers whose manufacturing processes and products have the minimum possible impact on the environment.
It is the policy of KDB Healthcare to:
- Ensure that we comply with applicable environmental regulations as set out by the Environmental Management Authority under Zimbabwean law, as well as other appropriate requirements.
- Integrate environmental management into our day-to-day business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed, whilst providing a quality product to all our customers.
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water; reuse resources whenever possible ; and encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives.
- Prevent pollution by reducing emissions and discharges
- Operate in a manner designed to minimise risk and to protect our employees, the public and the environment.
- Encourage involvement in and understanding of environmental issues particularly related to the healthcare industry
- Ensure that our staff, suppliers, customers and the general public have access to this policy
We will achieve this by doing the following:
- We seek to minimize the use of energy in our activities. Lights and equipment will be switched on only when needed and not out of routine
- Reducing waste where possible by thinking about what we buy and how we use it. Non-essential documents and emails will not be printed. We try to ensure all our printing and photocopying is done on double-sided paper wherever possible.
- We have implemented a waste management programme and have partnered with recycle companies so we can effectively dispose of waste.
- Reduce packaging , reuse packaging and working with suppliers to minimize packaging resulting in smaller boxes, thereby minimizing transport volume and storage space.
- We are committed to the re-use of cardboard, paper and office stationery where possible, within the constraints of use – i.e. the sale of medical devices. Scrap paper will be used wherever possible.
- We source refreshments and other office supplies/services from local suppliers; and where possible we will rationalize deliveries to avoid excessive mileage.
- Company vehicles will be serviced regularly to maintain optimum fuel economy and lower Carbon Dioxide emissions
- Whenever geysers require replacement, we will ensure that they are replaced by solar geysers.
- Obtaining 30 % of our non-transport energy requirements from renewable sources we commit to increasing this to 80% from renewable by end of 2019. We financially committed USD30 000 to our solar project in 2018.
- All staff have access to this Environmental Policy. It will be reviewed at least annually by the Management Team. The policy will be available on our website.