KDB Healthcare values its reputation for conducting business with honesty and integrity. We are committed to maintaining the highest degree of legal and ethical conduct in all our business operations.
We believe in sourcing goods and services only from suppliers who operate in an ethical way and who share our commitments to the following policies:
- To uphold the rights of medical professionals to make informed purchasing decisions based on merit
- Zero tolerance for corruption
- To engage in all commercial dealings with KDB on a fair and legal basis, respecting warranties, verbal and written agreements
- All applicable local environmental, health and safety regulations must be adhered to, and provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Wages paid and working hours comply with national legal standards
- Child labour shall not be used and minimum age legislation shall be complied with in all areas that our suppliers operate
- Employment must be freely chosen
- No harsh or inhuman treatment is allowed
- There shall be no discrimination against any employee on any grounds, talent selection will be on the basis of merit while striving towards a gender balance where neither gender exceeds 60% of the workforce
We expect our suppliers to conform, as a minimum, to our standards of operation and we encourage our customers and competitors to do so as well.
In addition to KDB’s own core values of integrity and honesty, we have voluntarily adopted the Eucomed Code of Ethical Business Practice and Guidelines on Interactions with Health Care Professionals, which are intended to help the medical technology industry facilitate ethical interactions. In this connection we uphold Zimbabwe’s Prevention of Corruption Act.
We are committed to continued ethical and socially responsible business practices which we have adhered to over many years. We respect the obligation of healthcare professionals and organisations to make independent decisions regarding medical technologies.